Pastor Darren Lo
Church and Parachurch
A church is a God-ordained community of believers committing themselves to each other to teach the Word, celebrate communion and baptism, discipline members, establish a biblical structure of leadership, pray and give together.
A parachurch is a christian faith-based organization that comes alongside the local church to carry out its unique mission.
AACF's unique mission is to reach into the university and collegiate community, primarily to those who are Asian Pacific Americans, with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
A healthy parachurch ministry:
-Knows that it exists primarily to uphold the church.
- Makes a clear distinction between church and parachurch.
- Avoids acting like a church.
- Seeks accountability relationships with the church
- Maintains a strong commitment to, and understanding of the gospel.
- Go to church regularly, find ways to serve.
- Think of ways to reach your campus with the gospel.
Pastor Abe Park
One of God's names is El Qanna, or Jealous.
Human jealousy is based on our petty insecurities; we tend to mirror that pettiness on God when discussing his jealousy.
God's jealousy is comparable to marriage: a wife rightfully experiences jealousy if her husband cheats.
God is our groom, and we are his bride.
God's divine jealousy is for us to be faithful and give him glory.
Pastor Terry Coon
God's Love and Grace
Who we are as Christians is a direct result of the love and grace given us by the Father.
God's love is his self giving affection for his image bearing creation, and his unselfish concern for their well being.
God's grace is his kindness given those who only deserve wrath and punishment.
-God's love and grace are unconditional
-God's love and grace are immeasurable
-God's love and grace are inclusive
-God's love and grace are sacrificial
-God's love and grace are purposeful
Pastor Sunroot Liu
Importance of Community
Devotion to a Christian community is how God transforms us
- We are exposed to the ugliness in ourselves and others, and sticking with the same community teaches us to deal with conflict.
- We all have gifts to share with others in the community, and that others can share with us.
- Being in a community enables us to be a light to the rest of the world.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.